Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sirius-ly Great Programming

I am trying to learn as much as I can about this new obsession of mine. The internet is rich with resources and my brother sends me his Bloodhorse magazines when he is done with them (I'm ready for the next batch, Baloo). However, I didn't expect to find one of the best sources of knowledge to be on my Sirius sattelite radio subscription.

I have become a big fan of "At the Races and Beyond" hosted by JJ Graci on Channel 125, 4pm EST, Monday through Friday. This show covers racing, breeding, handicapping and whatever is relevant that day. The guests include some of the biggest names in the sport.

If you can get past JJ's gruff, know-it-all demeanor and pretty much anything said by his sidekick Samm, there is a lot of entertainment to be had and information to learn from this show. You can also stream the live show and download past shows on their web site: www.attheracesandbeyond.com.

Sirius also offers "Down the Stretch" on Saturday mornings at 10am EST. They have been providing great weekend previews of the Derby preps and more interesting interviews (yesterday they spoke with our favorite girl Rosie Napravnik).

I'm really surprised that my subscription to hear Howard Stern would lead to some great horse racing radio too. Sirius is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with Sam????

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online