Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Ah Day is a freak"


"Ah Day is a freak, he moved up from college to the NFL and proved it wasn’t a problem. My horse was just beat by less than three lengths in the Grade I De Francis Dash and ran a perfect race. Ah Day ran by us like we weren’t even running.” - Ryan Fogelsonger, who rode the place horse in the Laurel Fire Plug Stakes


After winning six stakes during his three-year-old campaign, the son of Malibu Moon ended 2006 with a sad performance in the Northern Dancer Stakes. Trainer King Leatherbury gave the gelding two months off and saw Ah Day return the favor with a easy 3-3/4 length victory under jockey Mario Pino.


Leatherbury plans on running Ah Day is the General George Breeders' Cup Handicap (Grade II) at Laurel on February 19.

I watched this horse break his maiden back in November of 2005, and he was so impressive that day, that I made sure to add him to my virtual stable. I have been following his career ever since. He probably will not be the favorite on February 19, so he may be worth a few dollars at the window.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online