Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pimlico - Notes

While checking out the entries for Pimlico's Thursday card, I noticed a few interesting things. The most promising, is the number of horses entered. Every race had at least eight horses, and most races had a hand full of AE. I was shocked to see all these horses entered in both turf and dirt races. I was also shocked to see that Pimlico has carded two $5K-$4K claiming races. In the past the bottom has been $7500. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but at least it gives more horses the opportunity to run in Maryland. In the past you would need to send your $5K horses to Charlestown or Penn National. Both the 2nd and 9th races are $5K-$4K. Finally, The first race is a 2yo MSW. Out of the eight entries, there are 6 colts, 1 gelding, and 1 filly. I am curious to see how many of these first time starters come back as colts. I will bet that at least half of them are geldings next time out.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online