Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Green Disappointment

I couldn't miss the opportunity to see the debut of The Green Monkey at Belmont today. My wife volunteered to take our son to soccer so I could head out to the track. I met up with Patrick from Handride and we enjoyed the most hyped maiden race that anyone remembered. Unfortunately, the guest of honor failed to impress and was defeated by a horse that previously had a record of 5-0-1-1 and earnings barely exceeding 15 grand.

He did, however, look great in the paddock for the fans and his owners (click to enlarge):


Here he is crossing the finish line (behind Roi Maudit and Sixthirteen):


Due to the compromise of family, I couldn't stick around for the great races today including Rags to Riches. I wish the Coolmore folks better luck with her.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online