Sunday, January 06, 2008

Superbad and Not Bad at All

A few fun names in at Aqueduct yesterday.....

The fourth place runner in the 2nd race was a first time out colt named McLovin. He is not Hawaiian, but actually a Virginia-bred colt by Hussonet. If you don't get the joke, you missed a very funny movie. The equine McLovin is a 3 year old Little Red Feather partnership horse trained by Dave Duggan.


Next we had Napoleon Dynamite, a three year old Lycius colt, who finished a distant last in the 4th race.









And, in the Count Fleet Stakes, we had my current favorite-named ridgeling, Spanky Fischbein. I don't know how the name came about, but I am hooked on it. It's also nice to see a NY-bred doing well in open company. Spanky finished second to Giant Moon, which is OK with me because I had the straight exacta. Add in my Win/Place bet on Spanky, and I had a good start to my 2008 betting.

1 comment:

Pjon10 said...

Nice post Alan. These are the types of stories that keep me coming back for more.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online