Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ryan Fogelsonger wins number 1000


Ryan Fogelsonger wins number 1000 on Sunday at Colonial Downs. The 25-year-old Fogelsonger, a former Eclipse Award winner as top apprentice jockey took 4 years to reach this milestone.

I know I will probably take some heat for this, but I don't think Fogelsonger is that great of a jockey. I get to watch him here in Maryland for most of the year, and he never has impressed me. He was always recognized as one of the top jocks in Maryland until this past year when Rosie Napravnik came in a kicked his butt.

Opinions aside, it is always good for the sport to have a young jockey hit this impressive mark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a good jockey, I don't think he's great either, I don't think anyone will give him that yet. Anyway, congrats to him on winning that many races already, especially with all the setbacks.

Anonymous said...

if hes not a great rider how did he accomplish so much in such a short period of time. did you know that he didn't get on his first horse till he was 18, and he didn't grow up in the business like almost every other rider has. i don't think a rider win the eclipse award if he such a so-so jockey, but i guess its easy to talk good about him when i am him haha. im used to getting criticized it doesn't bother me at all. i just thought i would put my 2 cents in. in fact ill be the first to say that it was the horses more than myself that made me have the career that ive had so far and im thankful for that and i thank god for the talents he has put upon me. you have to have the horse to win but you have to have a good jock to make sure the horse gets to the winner circle.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online