Saturday, October 21, 2006

An Offer Todd Pletcher Can't Refuse

My father and I ran over to Belmont today to catch a few of the races on the all NY-bred card. We agreed that any time Funny Cide runs, it may be the last time to see him, so I had to go. I have never seen him run in person.

Little did I know that he would be outshined in the $250,000 Empire Classic by the horse that came in second. That horse is Carminooch. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Three Amigos Stables which is managed by Carmine Sirico, brother of Sopranos actor Tony Sirico. The Sopranos came out to support their friend, as Michael Imperioli and Steve Van Zandt joined Tony to support the horse out at Belmont. I snapped this picture of Paulie Walnuts interrogating Todd Pletcher before the race.


I hope second place was acceptable to the wise guys or Mr. Pletcher may be wearing cement shoes tomorrow.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online